Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm an international banker now.

I opened up an account with Westpac, the bank of choice for Australia apparently. They are sending me my account information via mail and once I get it activated I can start transferring money overseas. Can't access the funds until I find a place to live and meet with the bank to show proof of identification. But that's one more thing to check off my to do list.

I have almost made it to my last two weeks of work. I completed my last big job of getting the design award submissions together for the MS AIA Awards. It was a big project and I am glad to have shipped it off today! I learned today they intend to throw me a breakfast farewell party at the office. I was surprised. I have been there a year and 3 months. I wasn't really expecting anything grand or really more than a "see ya later, keep in touch." Guess I made somewhat of an impact. Made me feel important.

On the home front, I have been doing some serious cleaning to just get the place more organized so we can work more efficiently. The master bath has still been the biggest project and it is coming together nicely. My intent is to have all the walls primed and painted by the end of the week and the floors and shower and tub deck tiled by next. Plan to get the rest of my hardwoods installed in the hallway this weekend so next weekend I can sand them down and get ready to finish them. After those two big projects, the bath and the hardwoods, I can focus on the smaller tasks of just painting and trim work mainly.

Little by little, it's all coming together....

1 comment: